Top 10 things to do on Taipei:
1. Visit the Shihlin Night Market. It is the oldest and largest in Taipei. Lots of bargains to be had here.
2. Go to Pali through Tanshui River by taking a ferry ride at Tamshui Terminal.
3. Feel closer to nature by visiting Yangming Park.
4. Get on top of the tallest building in the world at Taipei 101.
5. Observe the hourly changing of the guards at the Martyrs' Shrine.
6. Don't miss another of Taipei's major landmark, Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall. Dedicated to the memory of the first president of the Republic of China(Taiwan).
7. Sample the foodstuff and pick out some bargains at Jao Ho Street Night Market.
8. Want to sit by and relax after all that walking? Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall's wide open spaces and beautifully kept gardens is the perfect place for you.
9. If you have a few nights free, come and join the Mono Club. They offer free skating lessons on Tuesdays, rollerhockey night on Thursdays and an 18km skate through the city on Fridays.
10. Want a to see a panoramic view of Taipei? Shin Kong Observatory is the place to go.
Don't miss the National Palace Museum. It holds the largest collection of Chinese artifacts, paintings and other works of art. A must see if you decide to visit Taipei.