The weather has turned cold and rainy and times like these makes me want to curl up in a comfortable sofa with a big mug of hot chocolate and an interesting book for company. When I was younger, I could indulge in lazy comfort but since we cannot stay young forever, here I am now hot chocolate on the table as I try to keep awake and do some semblance of work.

One of the things I missed the most were the times when I can go to Cafe Adriatico with a close friend or two, order a cup of coffee, and just sit back to relax and talk. Manila - like any other city - has its own unique charm to a beholden resident. Certain streets brings back memories and favorite spots offer comfort after a day's work. I suppose I will always miss Manila and remember my favorite haunts when I'm feeling cold and a bit blue in an island a plane away.